Thursday, October 4, 2012

Zing/The debate

Let me start off by saying that I completely agree with what Jed Lewison said on the Daily Kos "Mitt Romney's debate plan: Zing and goad". Romney basically said that if he could get president Obama to say something contradicting, then he will for sure win...and to that I say no way. A good joke is fine and all but it won't make up for the fact that he dissed about all of the Hispanics, which is a good percentage of the voters. Lewison sums it up very well when he says "...there's probably a fair number of people who would cheer the president if he walked across the stage and punched Mitt Romney in the face on behalf of the tens of millions of Americans that Romney so callously dismissed." Besides that big factor, Obama is ahead, not by much though. Hopefully he can keep all of his voters after Wednesdays debate and then some.

Update: my thoughts on Wednesday's debate.
It was the first debate I ever fully watched and I have to say that I thought it was a little interesting. Despite the fact that no one, or should I say Mitt Romney, respected the 2 minute mark, the debate was ok. I am mostly worried about the future of MediCaid because I have an autistic brother that really needs it for all the doctors appointments and medication. They both seem to have a plan for that, though. I noticed that Romney wants to give the states more power and Obama wants the power to stay in the federal government; wich one is better? Well if you give money to the states, they can do whatever they want and what if they stopped giving my brother money? That wouldn't be very good. Last thing I want to say is that I agree with Obama when he kept stating that Romney wasn't saying HOW, it was like he was making empty promises. Overall, Obama still has my vote and I hope that's the right decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment